Tuesday, December 16, 2014

You'd be amazed at what all you can fit in a bra

Yesterday I had a really good but really tough workout, even more tough than usual.  I noted with interest the near-lack of feeling in my legs on the drive home; the last time I hadn't been able to feel my lower body like this, I was having a C-section.  But hey, I did it, I thought, grimly hanging on to the side of the house as I dragged my way up the steps.

And that's when it hit me.

We have a 2-story house.

The Motrin is upstairs.

It's rare that I use that many bad words in such close proximity.  On a daily basis I prefer not to use them but that doesn't mean I don't know how.  But alone, no little ears listening, half of me in pain and the other half as wobbly as a jellyfish? Wondering whose dumb idea it was to get a 2-story house, and remembering, "Oh, right, mine,"?  Shoot.  I made a literary masterpiece out of bad words, on the spot.  I think I even made up a few new ones.  Next time I step on a Lego I'll try them out again and see if they still sound good.

So, having vented and feeling only slightly better, I returned to the problem:  until someone else came home, if I needed something upstairs...I had to go get it.  That's when I realized the situation was much worse than I thought.  Going up wasn't the problem.  Going down is where things would get interesting.  So after making my way carefully and painfully upstairs, I rounded up everything I thought I'd need for several hours and stashed it in my bra (don't laugh, it works; besides, I needed my hands to hold on to the rails).  Then I half-crawled, half-slid down the stairs and made it safely to the bottom where both cats were waiting for me patiently, watching with interest.  They reminded me of vultures waiting for an animal to stop kicking.  Then I pulled all the supplies out of my bra, Mary-Poppins-style, and knocked back some Motrin.

So, on your side of things, I was in pain and had to go up and down stairs.  Boo hoo.  Trust me, on my end of things, it was a lot more exciting.  I'm going to put Motrin in every room of this house from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment