Saturday, December 6, 2014

Crunchy Carb Eaters Anonymous

Hi, my name is Stephanie Mayo, and I love crunchy carbs.

Hi, Stephanie

It's been 54 days since my last Dorito -

(sound of clapping)

And I've been working on the homework assignment about finding more healthy carbs.  I've had the best success with pretzels so far.  I use them as croutons and with cheese, and that works just great.  Sometimes it's harder, like when I tried Pizza Pretzels or Popcorn Pretzels or when I dunked them in my soup or when I crushed up a whole bag and told my husband it was the halftime snack during the Clemson-Carolina game and we should pretend they were Ruffles.  He didn't like that.

(sympathetic murmurs)

I used to think crunchy carbs were my friend.  They helped me through finals, awkward social situations, PMS, and last season's Survivor. They really weren't my friend, I know that now.  I let them take over, and it turned my life upside down, made me do all sorts of crazy things . But I'm not going to let it beat me anymore!!!  I'll find a way to control my love of crunchy carbs if it's the last thing I do!  Who's with me?!?!

(Clapping, cheering, and foot-stomping)

No comments:

Post a Comment