Thursday, January 15, 2015

These are a few of my favorite things

THINGS I LIKE
Opting to go to the DMV and renew my driver's license instead of doing it online, because I get to have a new picture taken.  YEAH, BABY!

Having the new batch of clothes I got just a few months ago (when I first lost weight) get baggy.  Have to go shopping again.  Darn.

Being able to cross my legs without cutting off circulation.  Always a plus.

And speaking of plus...how about shopping for non-plus-sized clothes?!?

Throwing away medication that the doctor says I don't need anymore.

Making my husband's eyes fall right out of his head when I walk into a room.

The total bliss I feel five minutes after I finish a workout and which goes for hours.  (The first five minutes are usually spent panting, crawling towards my water, and wishing desperately I didn't feel like roadkill.  But after that I feel GREAT!)


THINGS I DON'T LIKE

Walking like a cowboy twenty-four hours after doing a lot of leg exercises.  Very embarrassing.

T-rex arms that always come right after a lot of arm or shoulder exercises.  Also very embarrassing, but would be easier to handle if I only had a grabber-stick.  I could really use one of those.

Those annoying voices in my head that urge me to give up, cut myself some slack, not work so hard.  As I told one of my trainers recently, "If I'm going to hear voices in my head, they'd better darn well be the right ones."

Having a ponytail long enough to curl right over the top of my head and poke me in the eyes when I do mountain-climbers.

Mountain-climbers.

Needing to scratch something right after I've picked up weights.  It always happens.

The deep distrust and suspicion I feel whenever I have to depend on the TRX to hold me up and not pull right out of the wall, dumping me on my butt.  I know, I know, I know, it's not going to happen...but I feel certain that somewhere, it has happened to someone.  That could be me.

Along the same lines, working with the resistance bands.  It's like scraping nails on a blackboard, stretching those things, I cringe every time.  I just know one day those things will snap and pop my head right off.  Add 2 cups of paranoia and stir well.

I will happily add more as they come to light.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment